How to care for your paintwork
Freshly painted walls give your home a clean and bright look which you want to last as long as possible. Our tips help you maintain exactly this look so you can enjoy your paintwork for longer.
Protecting the Interior Surface
It is recommended that you do not use harsh abrasives, stiff scrubbing brushes or caustic preparations. These will polish the surface resulting in obvious highlights which can only be rectified by repainting.
- Wash the surface with warm water with a small amount of mild detergent using a soft cloth.
- Wash the area with clean water and allow to dry.
Protecting Your Woodwork
Stained woodwork or woodwork that is finished with an enamel system can be easily cleaned by the following two steps:
- Clean surface down using a mild detergent in small portions with warm water.
- Wash the entire area with clean water and allow to dry (regular cleaning will rejuvenate the surface coating).
Protecting the Exterior Surface
To keep your home looking its best it is recommended to wash down the substrate at regular intervals.
The following steps need to be taken:
- Using a soft bristle brush or soft cloth and mild detergent. Mix in small portions with warm water and wash the entire surface.
- Do not allow the solution to dry. Hose down immediately with a garden hose to remove any residual from the detergent. Your surface will have a new lease of life and the gloss surface will be rejuvenated. (Please note: do not use caustic solutions).
Categories: Hints & Tips